It’s only Day 5 of the nationwide mandated quarantine, and I’m already bored. Here are some ideas on how to stay entertained when you have already completed your to-do list.
10. Binge watch Season 2 of Ugly Delicious on Netflix. It’s so wholesome, and that kind of cleanse is what we need right now.
9. Spoil your puppy babies and make them some homemade gourmet dog food.
8. Re-create all of your favorite dishes from your favorite cookbook. I’m doing dishes from Nothing Fancy by Alison Roman now.
7. Learn how to make bread. Word is that focaccia is a good introduction.
6. Set up a tent in your yard and pretend you’re camping and experiment cooking with an open fire.
5. Practice fancy plating your home cooked meals so you are prepared with new skills when it’s time to jump back on the line.
4. Paint your beautiful new creations, instead of taking an Instagram photo of it. Better yet, afterwards, Instagram that painting of your beautiful new creation! So meta.
3. Give your go at a mukbang video.
2. Compete in a timed cook off challenge in the style of Iron Chef or The Great British Baking Show with your friends via video chat. Obviously, record that and send it to us please.
1. Set up a virtual happy hour call with all your friends. It’s 5 O’clock somewhere, and we don’t have jobs.